By now everybody knows the word SEO and that it stands for Search Engine Optimization. But do you as a brand manager/owner understand what effect it has on your brand and why is necessary?
Let’s take a moment to recall that SEO basically is the practice of increasing the quality and quantity of people visiting your website which ultimately leads to increasing your ranking on search engines. Nothing speaks more about your brand than organic reach.
Brand owners/managers must pay mind to the fact that SEO reaps long term returns, similar to your fixed deposits at the bank. While SEO may seem to be a cost on your marketing budget, in the beginning, it will produce results in the form of organic returns that no paid campaign can garner.
Let’s familiarize ourselves with why exactly your brand needs SEO.
- Building a brand requires us to show what we are providing to your customers and what they have to say about you, a website is just the place for that. And SEO only elevates the same. The right keywords (short and long-form) only lend to bringing your website to the forefront of your customer’s mind both new and old.
- We all well aware that genuine word-of-mouth marketing comes organically, and SEO is equivalent to word of mouth in the digital arena. SEO basically helps you gain genuine customers who are interested in the services you offer.
- SEO helps you secure the badge of a credible and trustworthy brand. With quality backlinks, appropriate on-page content and element optimization, positive feedback, and machine learning signals your brand can develop credibility over time.
- SEO is an integral part of your marketing efforts. Your paid online marketing efforts go hand in hand with SEO which helps you pull in leads and boost conversions. A combination of SEO and your marketing strategies will bring a cascade of quality leads.
- We are well aware of the fact customers these days do their research online before they even consider your brand and SEO impacts your customers’ buyer cycle. SEO as we know it only boosts this process as it increases the authority and credibility of the brand.
- As I have mentioned above SEO is a long-term strategy, that will definitely reap profit a few years down the line. Your SEO efforts will have impacts several years down the line, creating a website with enough authority to climb its way as the top brands up the search engine ladder.
- While Search Engine Marketing (Search Ads) makes sure you are visible on the top two searches in Google Search. You can stay rent-free on a search engine’s first page with proper and consistent SEO tactics.
Optimizing your site is a difficult process. It is also a long journey that requires a lot of patience.
But optimizing your website reaps even more than you sow, and after a few years, it will save you big money on getting yourself the top space on a search engine page and get you a premium spot without spending a single rupee. Besides that, SEO also helps establish your brand as a trustworthy and reliable one.